Friday, June 12, 2009
Quranic Definition of Taqwa
Allah (swt) has defined Taqwa in The Glorious Qur'an in a very clear cut manner.
According to Verse no. 177 of Surah Al-Baqarah, Taqwa is:
1. To believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers.
2. To spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves
3. To be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity
4. To fulfil the contracts which ye have made
5. To firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of conflicts.
Put yourselves on this scale and measure your level of Taqwa